Facial platelet rich plasma treatments are non-surgical face lifts capable of smoothing wrinkles, evening skin tone, and tightening facial tissues. These treatments involve injecting platelet rich plasma from a patient’s own blood into the delicate skin of the face. This helps to stimulate collagen production, helping the skin glow more luminously and appear more voluminous. Patients who undergo these treatments have the opportunity to age gracefully and subtly, avoiding harsh cosmetic treatments that appear unnatural and obvious.
Did you know…
Facial platelet rich plasma treatments are growing in popularity among adult men and women of all ages who want rapid aesthetic results with no down time. In fact, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures are at an all-time high, with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reporting that more than 8 in 10 total cosmetic procedures in America are non-surgical. Trends are showing that more and more patients are demanding a more natural approach to cosmetic treatment – and facial platelet rich plasma treatments deliver!
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for a facial platelet rich plasma treatment?
You may be a candidate for a facial platelet rich plasma treatment if you want the results of a face lift without going under the knife. Call our office today to find out if this ground-breaking facial rejuvenation treatment is right for you.
What should I expect during a facial platelet rich plasma treatment?
Facial platelet rich plasma treatments are in-office procedures that take just minutes to complete. Your blood will be drawn and the platelets extracted using a centrifuge. Using a very tiny needle, the injection site on your face will be numbed and the platelets injected beneath the skin.
What types of results should I expect from this facial?
Results vary from patient to patient and are never guaranteed. However, many people who undergo platelet-rich plasma injections find that their skin is brighter, smoother, tighter and more rejuvenated soon after the treatment. Results typically continue to improve over the course of several weeks and may last a year or more.
For reducing the signs of aging, skin texture, fine lines, and acne scarring
The SkinPen is the only FDA cleared medical grade microneedling device and treats the following conditions on the face and body:
- Sun damage (sun spots)
- Age and brown spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Acne scarring
- Uneven skin tone
- Large pore size
One of the hottest treatments around, Microneedling is also known as Natural Collagen Induction Therapy.
SkinPen® was awarded “Top Rated Treatment for Acne Scars” and “Top Skin Care Device” in the Aesthetic Everything® 2019 Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenate aging skin.
The SkinPen® microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin. SkinPen® needles cycle at 100+ stamps/second, potentially creating 1600+ microchannels per second when moving the SkinPen®.
- Reduces the signs of aging; skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of acne scarring
- Minimally invasive procedure performed in-office manageable recovery time
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark
- Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage
Microneedling can be performed using SkinPen®, a medical-grade, state-of-the-art microneedling tool available only through medical professionals. The treatment typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size and number of areas treated and the degree of treatment requested by the patient.
What areas of the skin can be treated?
SkinPen’s® variable needle depth allows for maximum versatility, making it safe and effective to use on many parts of the body, including the face, neck and décolletage. Talk to your SkinPen® provider to discuss your specific needs.
What can I expect during treatment?
A topical anesthetic is applied prior to treatment. Generally, patients report feeling just the slight vibration of the SkinPen® during the treatment.
Is there downtime after microneedling?
The total healing time depends on each individual. Most patients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild to moderate sunburn) for two to four days following the microneedling procedure. Some people may see their skin return to normal in about 24 hours.
When will I see results?
The natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress through the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to six months following your final session. *Individual results will vary.
How many treatments are recommended?
The number of procedures required will be based upon your individual procedure goals and the overall health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of three procedures spaced about four weeks apart.
What are the ways we use SkinPen Microneedling?
- SkinPen Microneedling alone: all the benefits of the only FDA-cleared microneedling device in the classic treatment
- SkinPen Microneedling with Platelet-Rich Plasma (aka the Vampire facial treatment): is a procedure that uses microneedling combined with growth factors from PRP that turns on the skin’s healing mechanisms- components of the body’s own blood that contain a high concentration of proteins and growth factors. These proteins and growth factors are efficient in stimulating a healing response in damaged tissue areas. The body utilizes platelets, growth factors and white blood cells to initiate and accelerate the growth of new tissue and repair injuries related to aging, sun damage and other conditions. By adding this fluid with the microneedling treatment, collagen and elastin production within the skin are stimulated, diminishing fine lines and tightening the contours of the face with expedited healing times.
- SkinPen MIcroneedling with AnteAGE MD Microneedling Solution: AnteAGE MD Microneedling Solution contains pro-healing, anti-inflammatory growth factors and cytokines derived from laboratory culture of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells, the specialized cells that science has determined function as “command and control” of healing in all injured tissues. Synthesized human TGF-B3 is added to further reduce inflammation and promote less fibrotic, more fetal-like healing. Hyaluronic acid provides lubrication and is a powerful humectant that promotes rapid re-hydration and volume enhancement within the upper layers of the skin. AnteAGE MD products contain no cells or cell remnants.
- SkinPen Microneedling Hair Restoration: AnteAGE MD Hair Microneedling Solution incorporates recent advances in hair follicle science. Specialized techniques influence bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell cultures to produce conditioned media focused on hair growth (Wnt-1a pathway) while twelve bio-identical growth factors and cytokines, each with proven efficacy in hair follicle stimulation, are added to make this the most scientifically advanced product of its type.